Spring workshop for Local Authorities
Biodiversity accounting & offsetting in the planning system
Tuesday 7th March 2017, 10.00 am – 16.30 pm
Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Birmingham
£ 95 per person *
Who should attend
Local Authority planning officers, local government ecologists & external ecological advisors to LPAs (e.g. wildlife trusts).
This workshop will provide local authorities with the tools they need to introduce and implement a system of biodiversity accounting and compensation - offsetting - into their planning system.
We will cover:
- Origins and usage of the system – why it is needed
- Supporting policy at a national and local level
- The processes, wording and case law for policies and permissions
- Case study examples of developments and offset schemes – lessons learnt and best practice
- Delivery mechanisms and offset scheme standards – how to get the most out it for your local area
- An introduction to the biodiversity impact assessment metric
Email email@example.com or phone Louise Martland on 07710 192295 to book your place.
We are also registering interest for further workshops, available regionally and privately, for local authority ecologists and consultants who are interested in technical metric training.
* Environment Bank is subsidising this event